CAPELLINI PASTA WITH SEA URCHIN
PREPARE SEA URCHIN SAUCE
- Finely dice the onion, carrot, potato and garlic and boil softly in plenty of water until soft. Strain the veggies and discard the water. Allow the veggies to cool for a few minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the boiled veggies, sea urchin flesh, white wine, fish stock, olive oil, parsley, butter, tomato paste and chili.
- Blend until very smooth and fine, then add the bottarga powder and a few drops of lemon juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper as required. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta for 20 seconds in boiling water. Strain the paste, discarding the water, and return the pasta to the pot. If using dried tagliolini, cook a little longer. See note.
- Add the sea urchin sauce and warm over a low to medium heat to finish cooking the pasta. Add a little extra butter or fish stock if needed.
- You can serve this as is with a sorrel leaf, or you can add the optional powder below.
- Finely blend some bottarga powder and toasted breadcrumbs in a 50/50 ratio until a very fine powder forms. Scatter over the pasta once it’s plated.