CLAMS IN MISO & JALAPENO BUTTER
- Leave the butter out to bring to room temperature and soften (at least 60mins).
- Deseed and dice the jalapeno. Dice the garlic.
- Fold miso paste, jalapeno, garlic and brown sugar into the butter.
- Form a sausage with the butter mixture about 4cm in diameter and chill in the fridge until set. Portion butter into discs of 80gms.
- Clean the clams under cold running water and dry with a towel.
- Heat pot with oil over high heat until smoking.
- Drop clams into the pot and pour the white wine and mirin over the clams and cover.
- Once clams are open, add 2 discs of the sliced butter and stir into the sauce until the butter is melted.
- Spoon clams and sauce into serving dish and serve hot.