ROASTED CHATEAUBRIAND WITH MUSHROOMS & KIPFER POTATO RAGOUT
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Season well the chateaubriand at room temperature.
- Heat a roasting pan with vegetable oil over high heat. Sear beef all around until brown (approximately 3 mins).
- Spread the garlic and thyme in the roasting pan, and place beef a top. Put into preheated oven, and roast for approximately 10-15min until beef is cooked.
- Meanwhile, wash and trim mushroom mix. Drain and set aside.
- Cook kipfler potatoes in water with a pinch of salt.
- Take the cooked beef out of the pan, and set it aside to rest.
- To make the mushroom & kipfler ragout, degrease the roasting pan, add the mushroom mix, butter, and kipfler potatoes. Sauté till the mixture is dark brown then remove the garlic cloves. Pour beef stock into the pan, reduce the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice rested beef into 5-6 pieces, place on a large warmed plate, and pour the mushroom & kipfler ragout on top of beef.