GRILLED LAMB BACKSTRAP WITH GRATIN DAUPHINOISE & ROQUEFORT SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease 2 small ramekins with oil.
- Layer the thinly sliced potatoes, garlic and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and continue layering until you reach the top of the ramekin.
- Pour cream over the potatoes then bake until potato is cooked through and top is golden (approx. 45min).
- While the gratin dauphinoise is in the oven, make a Roquefort sauce. Over a low heat, melt the butter in a small saucepan and add flour to make a roux.
- Whisk roux for at least 2min, add the shallots and sweat off.
- Add cheese, stir to melt. Add white wine, and reduce by half.
- Pour brandy into the sauce, flambe and add milk. Cook and reduce until thick and rich. Season with salt & pepper.
GRILLED LAMB BACKSTRAP
- Remove all surface fat from the lamb.
- Season well and chargrill lamb on each side until lightly charred. Set aside to rest. Slice (approx 1 cm thick).
- Warm a serving plate. Gently release the gratin dauphinoise from the ramekin onto the middle of plate, place the sliced lamb around the gratin and pour the Roquefort sauce.